Monday, January 3, 2011

Imported Pork in your Bacon



Imported Pork! Yes, our little piggies are being sold on the overseas market because the local market is swamped with pork from Canada. They're waving to each other on the boats as they swap places.

Check your bacon packet - I bought the Woolies Home Brand Bacon recently (it was all they had on the shelf) and didn't notice until I got it home that it said, "Made in Australia from Imported and Local Ingredients".

This is one brand of bacon I will not be buying in future... 

3 comments:

  1. That's disgraceful but not surprising!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how free trade works to mean we end up with mega carbon miles bacon. I enjoy your blog! Keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brendan.
    Yes, Free Trade is a killer.
    I'll be writing to Woolies with my complaint.

    ReplyDelete