Sunday, April 11, 2010

Melting Moments


Mmm, just the name conjures up the remembered taste of these delicious little morsels! This recipe comes from a favourite book, 'Family Circle Biscuits Recipes'. Whatever happened to Family Circle magazine? It's disappeared from the shelves, unfortunately.

Melting Moments
180g unsalted butter (I normally don't like unsalted butter in biscuits, but it works in these)
1/2 cup (70g) icing sugar (make in TMX first, if desired)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup (50g) cornflour
1 cup (170g) plain flour

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
Place softened butter, icing sugar and vanilla in TMX and beat on speed 4-5 for about 3 minutes or until light and creamy.
Add sifted flours and mix on speed 2-3 until just combined. Scrape mixture into a piping bag and use a 1 cm star shaped piping nozzle to pipe rosettes of around 4cm in diameter.
Decorate with glace cherries or glace ginger.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Transfer to a cake rack to cool.
Alternatively, leave out the decoration and sandwich together, when cool, with a flavoured butter cream.

6 comments:

  1. please help! Would love to make these biscuits but I do not work with cups, how many grams is one cup? Thanks in advance ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll change the recipe to show the gram measurement.
    Generally, I use grams as I weigh the ingredients into the Thermomix since it has it's own scales. This time, I chose to use cups as the quantity wasn't very large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bush Gourmand, Do you make Yo Yo Biscuits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't made Yo Yo's in ages! Just use custard powder instead of the cornflour in this recipe. Add 2 tsp of custard powder to your buttercream filling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thansk for this recipe Megan. I wanted to make a special gift as you will know from reading the TMX forum, so I used this recipe, but rolled the mix and pressed with a fork and then filled with passionfruit butter cream. I did add about a tablespoon of extra flour to make the mix a bit more rollable. I thought the end result was beautiful and I was really proud. Thanks for converting this beautiful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. made these today, using spelt flour.. I wasn't able to pipe them so just made rounds and made a butter cream filling... very nice

    ReplyDelete