Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wonder Bread

I've been working on my bread recipe for months now, trying to get it perfect. It's pretty much exactly how I like it now, so I'll put the recipe here for posterity.
I use Lauke's Wallaby Bread Flour, available at Woolworths. I often put in some other types of flour in the mix such as Kamut and Spelt. These are available from All About Bread in Greenwood. I've made it with only Kamut and it still worked perfectly. Kamut is an ancient grain from Africa. Similar to Spelt, it has gluten, but in a more easily digestible form than wheat.

WONDER BREAD

500g bread flour (a blend is wonderful)
300g tepid water
1 Tbsp lecithin (optional)
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp seeds (I use pepitas, sunflower and flax)
1 Tbsp salt or, to taste
1.5 tsp Wonderfresh (avail from All About Bread)
1 tsp Natural Bread Improver ( '' )
2 tsp dried yeast

Mix on corn for 5 minutes. Leave to rise in  locked until peeking out of the top. (Thanks to Isi from Portugal who is on the Thermomix Forum. This was her idea to leave it in the TMX for the first rise.) Poke down and mix on corn for another 2 minutes. Roll out to a rectangle shape and roll up like a sausage, place in large tin. Leave to rise in fridge overnight, if desired, or as normal. Bake for 25 minutes on 200. Remove from tin and place back in oven for 5 minutes. (optional for really crusty bread)

If you're one of those unlucky people who don't own a Thermomix, you could still do this in the breakmaker or by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment