Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nut Butter

This is a post I've had sitting in draft format for some time as I was planning to add a photo. Can't find the photo, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

There's nothing more satisfying to me than being able to make something that I would normally buy, and, not only that, but to make it better and much healthier than the bought version.

Today it was Nut Butter, ACP Butter, to be precise. Almond, Cashew and Peanut Butter is delicious and so simple to make in the Thermomix.

To make this, roast 200g almonds in the oven until they're crispy and allow to cool.
Place in Thermomix with 200g unsalted cashews and 100g salted peanuts. Whizz on speed 6 to 7 for around 30 seconds, helping the mixture move with the spatula. Continue blending until the desired consistency is achieved. No need to add any oil unless you like it very chunky. Add 1/2 teaspoon or so of salt to taste.

Store in a jar in the cupboard and use within a few months if it lasts that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment